SERVICES PROVIDED BY BORDER PROTECTION AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT-
- Service matters like granting of leave etc. of the staff of the Border Protection and Development Department.
- Processing of Pension matters relating to granting of pension to the staff of Border Protection and Development Department.
- Approval of Schemes in the State Level Screening Committee Meeting (SLSC) for the international border Schemes headed by Chief Secretary and for schemes in inter-state boundary districts, approval is accorded in the State Level Screening Committee Meeting (SLSC) I/S headed by Departmental Minister.
- Issue of Administrative Approval against the schemes as per Annual Action Plan.
- Issue of Sanction/ ceiling for schemes – on receipt of approved proposals from the Deputy Commissioners of the bordering districts with all relevant documents, through the Directorate of Border Protection and Development, Assam, sanction is issued and thereafter ceiling is issued on receipt of demand for fund after execution of the works as per Plan & Estimate.