(1) Where can we find the Border Protection and Development Department ?
Ans : Chief Minster's Block, 3rd Floor, Janata Bhawan, Dispur.
(2) What is length of the boundary of Indo-Bangla Border ?
Ans : 267.5 km. (SOI)
(3) What is the length of the boundary of Indo-Bhutan Border ?
Ans : 265.8 km. (SOI)
(4) Which districts of Assam having International Boundary ?
Ans : Kokrajhar, Chirang, Baksa, Udalguri, Dhubri, South Salmara-Mankachar, Cachar, Karimganj.
(5) What is the length of Inter-State Border boundary ?
Ans : Assam-Arunachal Pradesh – 804.1 km (SOI)
Assam-Nagaland – 512.1 km (SOI)
Assam-Manipur – 204.1 km (SOI)
Assam-Mizoram – 164.6 km (SOI)
Assam-Tripura – 46.3 km (SOI)
Assam-Meghalaya – 884.9 km (SOI)
Assam-West-Bengal – 127.0 km (SOI)
Total – 2743.1 km (SOI)
(6) Which are the districts of Assam having Inter-State Boundary ?
Ans : Dhubri, Cachar, Karimganj, Morigaon, Dima-Hasao, Dhemaji, Goalpara, Dibrugarh, Kamrup, Kamrup (M), Golaghat, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Sivasagar, Karbi-Anglong, West Karbi-Anglong, Tinsukia, Charaideo, South Salmara-Mankachar, Hailakandi, Sonitpur, Udalguri, Kokrajhar, Biswanath.
(7) How the Border Protection and Development Departmrnt serve people of Assam?
Ans : The main objective of the Border Protection and Development Department is to meet the special developmental needs of the people living in remote and inaccessible areas situated near the International and Inter-State Border.
The priority areas include providing better communication, drinking water, electrification, health and educational facilities.
Thrust is also upon building a cordial relations between people on both sides of the inter state border, with cultural exchanges, sporting events and people to people contact.
(8) Do Border Protection and Development Department has any Individual Beneficiary related programme ?
Ans : No.
(9) Do Border Protection and Development Department has any Sub- Ordinate Offices ?
Ans : Yes, there is one Directorate under Border Protection and Development Department. The address of the Directorate is as below :-
Director, Border Protection and Development, Assam,
Assam Science Society, Khanapara, Guwahati-22.
(10) Are there any district offices under this department ?
Ans: No, there are no district offices. The Deputy Commissioner of the bordering districts select the scheme as per procedure and submit proposals through the Directorate of Border.